(1) This section applies to a person who has reasonable grounds to believe that he or she is the subject of personal data that has been or is being processed by a particular data controller.
(2) A data controller shall on the written request of a data subject or a relevant person —
(a) provide a written response to the data subject or the relevant person setting out the following —
(i) whether the data kept by the data controller includes personal data relating to the data subject or the relevant person,
(ii) a description of that personal data, if any,
(iii) the purposes for which the personal data are being or are to be processed,
(iv) the source from which the information is being collected,
(v) the logic that is involved in any automatic processing of personal data concerning the data subject or the relevant person,
(vi) the recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed; and
(b) permit the data subject or the relevant person to examine the personal data in accordance with the regulations or supply the data subject or the relevant person with a copy of any personal data referred to in paragraph (a) on payment of the prescribed fee.
(3) Where access to personal data is given under this Act and the data subject or relevant person has a sensory disability and requests that access be given in an alternative format, access must be given in an alternative format if —
(a) the personal data already exists in an alternative format that is acceptable to the data subject or relevant person; or
(b) the data controller considers it to be reasonable to cause the personal data to be converted.
(4) Where any personal data referred to under subsection (1) is expressed in terms that are not intelligible without explanation, the data controller shall supply the information with an explanation of the terms.
(5) The information to be supplied under a request under this section must be supplied by reference to any personal data at the time when the request is received, except that it may take account of any amendment or deletion made between that time and the time when the information is supplied.
2nd Floor Francis Compton Building, Waterfront,Castries, Saint Lucia